Super quick post for you today, I was at the beach today and it was so relaxing so I got thinking about the best ways to destress so I’ve put together my top tips of what I think really helps when you’re stressed.
1) RE-EVALUATE: With me, I always just like to think about the situation I’m stressed about first to check it’s even worth getting worked up about. I’m sometimes getting stressed over nothing and all it took to realise this was to just have a little think about it.
2) TALK TO A FRIEND: When you feel that you’ve got a stressful situation, it is always better to talk to someone about it, that way you get a second perspective from an outside observer and it gets it off your chest and out in the open.
3) DISTRACT YOURSELF: For me, one of the worst things you can do if you’ve got something stressful going on, is consistently worry and think about it again and again and again, it doesn’t help your mindset and perspective on the situation. So go out, get some fresh air and do something that you know will take your mind off it. Whether that’s a stroll through the park, grabbing a coffee, having a bath or even a bit of retail therapy!
4) GO TO THE SEA: This one only works if you live on the coast (obviously), the ocean is sooooo relaxing, the sound of the waves is so peaceful and to be honest even watching the waves can be so tranquil. If you live near the sea, make the most of it and destress by the ocean. I mean, who has ever been stressed while on a beach! Not me! Alternatively, there are so many apps now that have a lot of relaxing sounds and mini meditation guides, they can work just as well and that way you can destress on the move. Just taking a bit of time out of your day to clear your head. Check out: Headspace, Calm and Relax Melodies.
5) THINK POSITIVELY: This is the main one for me, everyone goes through stressful situations and you always come out the other side. You just have to try and remember that it’s not forever so not to worry to much (definitely easier said than done I’m a massive worrier!!).
I hope this was a little helpful. Thanks for reading and take it easy!